Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Drawers?? What are they??

If I had to have a major complaint about the motorhome it would be... NO DRAWERS. There are a total of 4 drawers in the entire camper!

There are 2 tiny drawers in the kitchen area. The drawers are barely big enough to fit silverware... they don't even come close to being able to hold cooking utensils. One of the organization projects I completed was to hang the utensils on the wall. I used a small curtain rod and "S" hooks. The utensils swing wildly when we drive, but they don't fall off!

The other 2 drawers are under the clothes closet. Those will be used for the kids to store socks and undies. That is about all that will fit in those drawers.

While customizing the motorehome for this trip, we put in a 3 drawer plastic unit up in the upper bunk. It had to be secured to the wall (thank you Kent!) so that it didn't go flying around. That will be my storage for folding clothes and things.

Today I am going to try to get the clothes organized and in the motorhome. One thing that I noticed from our last trip was we took way too many clothes. I found that we all wore the same clothes (our favorites) over and over. The other clothes just sat there taking up space. Also... we were never in a place were we couldn't find a laundromat! So I really didn't need to have 3 weeks worth of underwear and socks. This time around, I am making sure we have a weeks worth, plus a couple extra in case of accidents or spillage. There will also be a few things in the car-top carrier; heavy clothes in case of cooler weather. Everything else will get donated.

We make due with what we have... and if we need something? I am sure I will be able to find a thrift store along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that everything is working out for you guys. Final Insp. next week, been there and done that. I even moved out of AF Housing one time. They are all about the same. After that move, I think we paid someone to clean the house after that. Too much work in so little time. Have a safe journey and give my best to Kent and the Boys. Love you guys, and we will see you all back east. Uncle Bill & Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete