Saturday, March 27, 2010

An interesting turn of events...

So, yesterday I was waiting for Skyler to get through with his art class. I got a call from my boss. She needed to talk to me right away. Ever get that feeling in your stomach like something big is happening? I got it. We made arrangements to meet and she said it was OK to bring Sky. I figured it couldn't be something horrible if she had me bring my son, right??? Well, she let me know that she is resigning from the company as of Monday!!! Since my job depends on her job, it meant I also would be resigning on Monday!

She had been trying to decide what to do, she was unhappy with the way the company was heading and with her position. I had let her know we would be leaving as soon as we decided, but I told her I would work through the end of April. Just the other day Kent and I had been talking about how I wish I wasn't working... so I could devote more time to getting ready for the move and the trip. Be careful what you wish for right??

Anyway, I think it will all work out well. She asked me to continue working for her for 6 weeks. I will help her as a real personal assistant... not as a company personal assistant. I will help her get set up in her new office and help her turn her old home office into a scrapbooking room! I think I can do that! I think I may go less than the 6 weeks... so I do have that extra time to do things, but still have a couple of paychecks coming in before our trip to Illinois!

So it all worked out for the best, right!

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, you are right! I'm glad this particular wish worked out so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete