Friday, June 25, 2010

Heading into Canada............

We went through the upper part of Michigan and into Ontario. The kids were really excited to go into another country, they thought it was very cool. They especially liked the Canadian flags flying at all the houses along the route.

I started out on one of the major highways but the wind left-over from the storm was so strong that I went off on a smaller side road to travel. I enjoyed seeing all the farms and the small towns. I travel to enjoy the journey, and not just the destination.

We traveled as far as Niagara Falls and decided to find a campground to stay at. I saw a sign for a campground along the highway. I found a family campground called Shangri-la in my Woodalls book. It had good reviews, so we decided to stop. After driving around among the vineyards and getting lost, we finally found the campground. It was really frustrating - the roads were narrow and I could not find anywhere to turn around. (When you are towing a car on a tow-bar, you cannot back up... you need to turn around.) We ended up going around 10 miles out of our way. We got to the campground and they were closed. A sign said to press the call button to sign in, and to speak into the intercom. We buzzed and waited, and buzzed and waited. No-one ever came... so we turned around and left.

We drove further into Niagara and found a Jellystone Campground to stay at.




It was great. The kids got to play miniature gold. They had a pool and a HUGE playground. It all worked out great.





No comments:

Post a Comment