Sunday, June 20, 2010

Officially on the road again...........

After saying goodbye to my dad, and a quick stop in Moriarty at a dump station to empty our holding tanks, we are officially "on the road again" (and yes... I am singing the song as I type)!



We left at about 10:00 Saturday morning, June 19th. I was hoping for 9:00, but we were pretty darn close. We got delayed a little when I hooked the tow car up to the motor home because one of the lights was being temperamental.

We chose to head out on a scenic route (something I plan on doing throughout the trip) and instead of taking one of the larger highways, we went on Old Route 66 (Hwy 84) from outside of Clines Corners, NM to Las Vegas, NM. It was very scenic and a nice drive.




We then took I- 25 over the border into Colorado. You should have heard the celebrating in the car when we crossed THAT border!! We stopped at a scenic view turn-off in Trinity Colorado and just enjoyed the green and trees.




We stopped a couple of times... gas, walking the dogs, stretching, etc... Then we ate dinner in a rest area in Colorado. The kids had a good time playing and getting some much needed exercise.

We reached Colorado Springs at a little after 8:00 pm, and because I was running strong (on adrenalin, I am sure) I decided to put a movie into the portable DVD player and keep on truckin'! We ended up stopping at a rest area near the Kansas border at about 11:00 PM. It was a good day of driving.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment