Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We're off to see the Wizard...

.... the Wizard of Oz museum that is! In Wamego, Kansas.

The kids chose this one. I wanted to see the Psychiatric museum but was out-voted. Oh well... I almost had them convinced with the straight jacket exhibits and the shock treatment demonstrations. Another one to add to my ever-growing bucket list.






It was a cute museum of memoribilia that took about 20 minutes to walk through. I got a military discount so it cost all of us a total of $9 to see. The town is very nice. You can check out the museum here:

http://www.ozmuseum.com

Then I had to stop in and get a bottle of "Yellow Brick Road" table wine from the Oz winery. Liam then asked me if they had to drive so that I could drink my wine. Ummmm... I think we'll open the bottle and share it with my mom in New York!



Then we headed up north and over into Missouri. It has been really hot, and of course we are not at all used to the humidity! Spending the last 8 years in dry climates really spoils you! So we looked for a campground in Missouri where we could get some water time in... we went to Wallace State Park.

The state parks are usually very nice, and this one was no exception. There is usually only electric hook-ups, although sometimes they have water. This one has only electric. There is a dump station as well. The shower houses were really nice and new.

We hooked up the motorhome, and unhooked the car. We then drove down to the lake and went swimming. It was pretty and clean, and just the right thing for a hot, humid evening.




And I KNEW that the clothes line I installed in the camper would be a good idea!!! I got to try it out... works great!
After swimming we had dinner and, staying in the spirit of the day, watched the Muppets "Wizard of Oz". Then off to bed to hit the road again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment