Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Buttermilk Falls

We took a quick trip into Long Lake, NY to Buttermilk Falls.....



Because it has rained so much the last few days, the water was flowing very fast and strong. I had been here before, but it has been a long time. It is a really nice spot... complete with picnic tables. We are planning on going back on another day and bringing a lunch for a picnic.







Of course the boys wanted to get right in the water. There are a few little "inlets" where the water is very shallow and there isn't a current. I told them we could soak our feet.


Liam and Sky -
Liam doesn't like loud noises and the waterfall was quite loud!
Sky finding rocks to skip

I told them to stay in the shallows and to not climb around on the rocks. The rocks are very slippery and I knew someone would fall in.
BEFORE - Liam on the rocks... after I told him not to climb on the rocks
AFTER - Liam soaking wet after slipping and falling in the water

Sure enough! About 10 seconds later... SPLASH! Liam is in the water. It's a good thing that it was a nice warm day. The falls were really beautiful and I can't wait to go back. Next time? Towels and bathing suits!

1 comment: