Friday, July 30, 2010

This falls under the "you've got to be kidding me" category!

So... I don't have a washer and dryer in the camper. Right now, the campground we are at has no laundry. So we have gone to 2 different laundromats. The first one was nice, but pretty far away (30 minutes), so I combined the next trip to do laundry with some other errands and went to a different laundromat. When we got there it was 4:05... it closed at 5:00, so we had missed the last load cut-off. CRAP! The attendant was really nice and told us about one down the road that was open later. We found it and started the laundry. Not 10 minutes later a woman came barreling in with a TON of laundry.

That in itself was no big deal. I had 3 small washers and a big one full of blankets going. Just on a side note... she looked like a tall Janeane Garofalo. She was dressed in short and a blouse and had high heal sandals. Obviously not an Adirondack "roughing it" camper. What made this visit fall into the "you've got to be kidding me category" is that she came in and dumped her clothes everywhere; on the folding tables, in the carts, and on the floor. She then proceeded to announce to me that she was SO upset! She had to wash ALL her laundry because one of kids had come home from camp with HEAD LICE! UUGGHH!

She went on and on about how she was SO embarrassed because she had to let everyone at the resort she was staying at know, just in case. She could just imagine what they must think! In the meantime, my wash is finishing up, and I am grabbing my clothes and putting them in the dryers without touching ANYTHING ANYWHERE! I am trying to stay as far away as possible from the clothes she has EVERYWHERE and I am thanking my lucky stars that I got there BEFORE she did to use the machines! Needless to say, I got out of there as quick as I could. I don't know much about head lice, I'll admit, and it really freaked me out!

Definitely something that will be on my mind every time I go into a laundromat from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment